Friday, June 24, 2011

Hey society: stop sucking.

I am a firm believer in karma. What goes around comes around. You get what you dish out. That kind of stuff.

The problem I see with society today is that there is no more respect for others just for the simple fact that they are human beings. For example, laying someone off without any severance. Yelling at the waitress because the chef overcooked your NY strip. Not saying "excuse me" when pushing past someone in a busy store.

If you want respect, you need to put respect out into the universe so that there is enough to go around for everyone.

I think selfishness has gone too far. Especially with lawsuits. I have nothing against a lawsuit used properly. If you almost die because a pharmacist gave to the wrong medicine, by all means, they should have to pay for your hospital bills. If you get into an automobile accident and it was an uninsured driver's fault, they should have to pay out of pocket for getting your car fixed. I can get behind that.

It's when people start using lawsuits as revenge or basic greediness that I start raising my eyebrow. Crappy things are going to happen to you. But being a crappy person back to someone is not going to make things any better for you, it just releases more negative energy into the universe. And heaven knows we don't need any more of that! It is of my opinion that if you take your hardships in stride and keep pushing through with positive energy and a joyful heart that you will get a return for your effort, eventually. Patience, young grasshoppers.

So don't pee on yourself so you can sue for public embarrassment or start crying and holding your neck after getting into a fender bender. I would much rather do without a few thousand dollars and get some positive karma than to have to wait around and have all that negative energy smack me in the butt.


I also apply this to what we eat. I am not against eating meat. I love chicken and steak. I really do. But I feel like because the animal is serving us as sustenance; we should serve them too. I won't get into details on this in this post because it isn't what I'm trying to be about right now. I do want to say that an animal treated with respect in life will serve as better food for your body.


It's all about positive energy.


Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment