Friday, June 24, 2011

Getting to know me: Things I hate

Something tells me it's going to be harder to narrow these down than it was for my previous post. Before I start, let's assume that I hate everything that normal people hate. Plagues, genocide, child molesters, etc.

1. Surprises. There is nothing about a surprise that I like. The thought of someone plotting something that involves me that I have no idea about freaks me out. I'm kind of controlling like that. I also have a problem with surprises in my schedule. I have to have a few days notice so I can put things in my calendar. I'm not the kind of person that can decide to go have lunch with my friends spontaneously. I have to know in advance or it stresses me out to the point that I just don't want to bother with it anymore.

2. People asking me if I've heard of something or saw a movie, and then when I answer no, they act like I'm the only person on the face of the earth that hasn't seen it.
     "Have you seen The Day the Earth Exploded and Kittens Seeped Out of It?
     "What? No. I've never seen that."
     "You mean you're telling me that you've never seen TDTEEAKSOOI? You know.. with Nicolas Cage and that guy that was on that reality tv show once?"
     "Yeah, those pieces of information still hasn't jogged anything. I think I would remember that."

3. Douchebags. Don't be mean for the sake of being mean. No one likes that. Oh and chin strap "beards" will always suck. Sorry.


4. People who are different for the sake of being different. I applaud people who want to be themselves. Think pink hair looks good on you? Go for it! But recognize that there are about six thousand more people who have decided to do the exact same thing as you.

5. Migraines. Eff migraines.

6. Soggy food. Don't drown my hamburger in condiments please. Chewing it is one of my favorite parts of the eating experience.
*barf*


7. Spelling or grammar errors in newscasts or newspaper articles. It takes like 4 seconds to google how to spell something. If you're going to send careless errors out into the world, I don't trust you to check your sources on the information you're supplying me either.

8. This is a biggie. Those people who can see a mile away that their lane is closing, yet they still wait until the very last minute to try to get as close to the front of the line that they can instead of waiting in traffic just like everyone else. I HATE THAT.

9. This is bigger. Those people who actually let the above mentioned drivers in, which encourages the behavior. I HATE THAT EVEN MORE.

I think I'll stop here.
Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment