Friday, June 24, 2011

Getting to know me: Things I like

I think the best way to get to know people is to learn their likes and dislikes. So here it goes. Things I enjoy in no particular order

1. My cat.  I am complete and total cat lady. Everything she does makes me want to grab her and snuggle her until her eyeballs pop out. Somehow, I resist. Her name is Lucy and she is a two year old dilute calico with the sassiest personality.

D'awww
2. Isaac. My fiance is by far the most wonderful person I've ever met. I really enjoy his company and he's a great partner. He's such a fun and caring person. We're the best of friends and I am very lucky to marry him.


3. Dexter. This is by far my favorite television show right now. I own seasons 1-3, and hope to get the others soon. The dynamic of the show is what draws me in. He is a serial killer.. which is bad.. but he only kills bad guys.. which is good. See? Super dynamic. His dry sense of humor and tone of voice has me rolling all the time. Oh, and Michael C. Hall is a total hottie. Even in the Dodge commercials. Am I right?

4. Television shows on DVDs. This is all I ask for on holidays. Even if I haven't seen the show yet, I will get it on DVD. I hate cliffhangers. Oops. Wrong post.

5. The coast! I dream of moving there someday. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I'm totally a 46 year old parrothead in my mind. Permavacationing is the life for me!
You see the resemblance, right?

6. Wildlife. All kinds of wildlife. Honorable mention: squirrels, pelicans, and sparrows.

7. The color yellow. It's my power color.

8. Laughing. I know, this one is really lame. Everyone likes laughing. But I put a lot of weight on the importance of humor. One-liners get me every time. I've been known to tell some pretty HI-larious corny jokes too.

9. My UBs. These girls are the best friends I've ever had, and I haven't even met them yet. We are sprinkled all over the country (and Canada!). We've been friends for about two years now and I can't wait to meet every single one of them. We all have different personalities, come from different types of families, and are in different places in our lives. We work it all together to make a supergroup of support, cupcake recipes, and uppitiness. It's a beautiful thing.

Love,

1 comment: